Caring Is Creepy

Round 2 Winter, June 2101
Hamilton Family

Jon is 46, April is 45 and Reece is 22 (Charlotte Seymour is 20).

Narrated by Reece Hamilton.

I played my guitar the other day after god knows how long. It's been a while since I've played it. After Claire died I just lost my will to play it. I lost my will to do anything at all.


I'd stay in bed for days on end and would only get up to go to the bathroom. I tried to drown my pain and guilt in alcohol and I pushed everyone around me away. I felt so guilty for Claire dying that I just wanted to forget about the world. Sleeping was the only way I could forget.

My life had turned into one big mess and I was living in a big mess too. I was living with Madison and Josh back then. Madison eventually refused to come into my room after a while because of the mess. I knew she was worried when that happened and after I got a visit from mum and dad.

I was so lost in my own sorrow that I simply forgot about the people that cared about me. That day Mum and dad packed as many as my things as possible and that was the day I left the beach apartment for good and starting living at home with my parents again.

I still miss and think about Claire. She pops into my head out of nowhere sometimes and other times little things trigger a memory of her or of something we did together. I try not to think about it too much though otherwise it gets me down and once I'm down sometimes I can struggle to get back up.

I really miss the way things used to be though. I miss hanging out with the group of friends I had. So much has changed and everyone is doing their own thing now. Plus some of us aren't even together anymore. Josh and Tash broke up and I always thought those two would be together forever. I feel guilty for not being there for Josh after their break up and don't speak as much as we used to.

But I've become friends with someone new. After I moved back home it was a step by step process to get better and after I stopped drinking I still wasn't ready to face the world but I was feeling moderately better about myself.
So I'd spend a lot of time on my laptop surfing the internet, and no not what you think! I did something that I've never really done much of before, I did tonnes and tonnes of reading on all different topics.

And that's how I met Charlotte and how we started talking, on one of the local forums I joined. We already knew each other because she is Josh's younger sister but we'd never really talked much when I visited Josh. Just a passing hello that was about it. I guess because I was with Claire back then.

Charlotte is obsessed with books and works at a book store in town. She is always telling me about all the books she's read and which ones I should read. She even persuaded me to join the book club at the book store she works at.

I couldn't say no, so I joined. It's really unlike me to read books. I mean I did read books in school but only because I had too but none of them really took my interest. I prefer my car magazines.

Charlotte is really cool chick and she is really easy to talk too. That'ts pretty much all we do whenever we catch up. We talk about anything and everything. She's been really nice about everything that happened with my addiction and Claire. Really understanding and sympathetic which I really appreciate.

Before Charlotte left she suggested we maybe go to the movies next time. I thought that kind of sounded like a date which would be cool. I mean I don't really know if I'm ready to start dating again. To be honest I haven't really even thought about it. But I like hanging out with her so I'd go to the movies with her for sure.

Dad's been working from home a lot lately. He's organizing some workshops for the interns at his firm. Mum doesn't seem too happy about him coming home from work and then working from home.

I don't understand why that would bother her though because she is always practicing her speeches for the fundraisers she holds. My mum is a pretty good speaker, she has been doing it for while now and she takes it pretty seriously.

She has asked me a couple of times if I wanted to speak at one of her fundraisers but I said no. I felt bad because I know it's a cause that means a lot to her but to be honest I'm just not ready yet to talk about my addiction to a group of strangers. One day I might, but it still feels too soon, especially after Claire's death.

I think she understands my reasons for not speaking. I'm grateful she doesn't push the subject too. Both mum and dad have been amazing with my addiction and are very supportive.

I keep telling myself that every day is a new day to turn it around and I feel like I'm doing the best that I can. And with every day that passes I'm feeling better about myself and recovering that little bit more.
I'm really thankful for the people I have in my life that care about me. If I didn't have them I honestly don't know where I'd be right now. I know things will get better and I know it will take time. Sometimes though I just wish it would happen a bit quicker.


__________________________________________________________________________________________
Game play notes:

-Title song is Caring Is Creepy by The Shins.

-A little introduction to Reece and how he is recovering from his alcohol addiction and also being the reason for the death of his ex-girlfriend Claire.

-When I invited Charlotte over I had Reece assess his attraction to Charlotte and I got a pop up saying he found her blindingly stunning 10/10. I thought this was so cute! It pleases me to no end to see this too because I have always wanted to pair these two up and see what would happen. ;)

-Next family is the Seymour's! Omg, so exited to install and play them again. :D It's been far too long and they were always my main family I'd write about back when this blog was The Drifter. Will and Eliza are the founders of this blog so yeah it's pretty exciting!

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend! :)

Carla  – (22 August, 2016)  

Great update! I'm happy Reece and Charlotte "met" and seem to get along so well. A new interest in books and someone friendly to talk about them with might be just what Reece needs. And a low-pressure night out at the movies can't do too much harm either. :)

Jennifer  – (22 August, 2016)  

Thanks Carla! :) Reece is definitely in a better place and so far his new found interest and friendship with Charlotte has taken his taken his mind off everything he's been through.
There's a chance of a relapse but he has a lot of support around him so hopefully that won't happen. And with time his broken heart will heal, I think Charlotte will have a lot to do with mending that. ;)

Post a Comment

You can still leave a comment if you aren't logged in or a user of Blogger. Simply select 'Anonymous' below before submitting your comment. :)

The Author

My photo
Melbourne, Australia
A 30-something gal who enjoys simming, blogging & writing.

Disclosure

All writing and images for Freedom Shores & The Drifter by J. Richards (c) Copyright 2010 - 2017. This site is not endorsed or affiliated with EA Games, or it's licencors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licencors. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP